An introduction to Peter Österberg, Ph.D.

My name is Peter Österberg, I'm a psychological scientist. I'm from Sweden, but I live in Helsingfors.

Examples of my offer:

Executive coaching for CEOs/managers and workshops to facilitate Organizational Performance, Learning, and Creativity for Problem Solving. 

Course/lecture: children's emotional and social adjustment and cognitive development. This is where entrepreneurial thinking starts!

Lectures: Nutrition for physical and mental health. Extremely important for entrepreneurial thinking.

Language training - Swedish.

Background.

I have a PhD in psychology, especially work and organizational psychology, a MSc in Business administration, especially Organizational Learning, and Business diploma in marketing (DIHM).

I have a longstanding experience: 

- in research and lecturing on prospective thinking like leadership, work-climate, decision making, learning, and social creativity for problem-solving, as well as method - qualitative and quantitative.

- as a performance and executive coach for athletes and CEOs respectively.

Once upon a time I was recruited to write my doctoral thesis. I received the only fully funded PhD position. The agreement included that I would help established researchers with methodological issues.

My Unique Selling Point's (USPs) are:
  1. my expertise in prospective thinking, for example how leadership affects the work environment (climate), which Influences productivity, learning within organizations and social creativity for problem solving.
  2. Besides lectures and talks, I conduct workshops to facilitate creative and entrepreneurial thinking.
  3. Method: quantitative and qualitative.
  4. 13 years experience of speaking partnership/executive coaching.
Between August 2018 and August 2021, I was a research-leader för a project at the University of Helsingfors, assigned to answer the question: What is the future of Finnish agriculture from an entrepreneurial perspective?

Here is a link to a summary of the project and to the rapport (In Swedish).

2007 - 2018. I was a researcher and senior lecturer (N>1200 lecture hours) at a number of universities in Sweden and Finland, e.g. Uppsala University, University of Gothenburg, Mälardalen University, Karlstad University School of Business and the University of Helsinki to mention a few.

2005-2018. I also worked as an executive coach.

My background before that was as elite-coach and educator in the sports environment.

My formal education:
  1. PhD. Work and Organizational Psychology, especially Leadership style and Creativity for Problem solving, Lund university, 2012.
  2. MSc Social Psychology, especially parent-child relations, Quantitative methods, questionnaires. Mälardalen University, 2004.
  3. MSc Business administration., Organizational development, Quantitative method. University of Gävle, 2004.
  4. BA, Business Administration, especially Organizational Development. Qualitative method. University of Gävle, 2002.
  5. BA, Psychology, especially Emotional Psychology / Psychophysiology, Quantitative method, Experimental design. Uppsala University, 2001.
  6. Marketing, especially consumer attitudes, IHM, 1994.
Link to:

CV, My view on teachingTwitter, and YouTube channel

Mail: peter.osterberg@generativelearningmanagement.se.

Phone number: +358505 560 580 (Finland), +46 707 43 43 57 (Sweden). Text or mail me to book a phone meeting.

Kommentarer